Does Invisalign work for kids?
Everyone wants a graceful smile, not a braceful smile! The traditional method of metal braces has been left far behind when it comes to kids teeth straightening. According to research by the American Association of Orthodontics (AAO), 4.3 million patients who were 17 years or younger were treated with Invisalign in 2016.
There might be people who still choose metal braces, but no kid likes to have that brace face. If your child has uneven teeth, it might affect their confidence. If you are looking for a better and aesthetic alternative for teeth straightening, none can be better than Invisalign!
Here is some information to help you understand that Invisalign for kids is a good option or not.
What is Invisalign? And how does it work?
Invisalign are the virtually invisible aligners that shift your teeth or straighten them. These are hardly visible, making it possible for all to get their teeth straightened without affecting their confidence. These are a series of trays that will move your teeth 0.25 mm per tray. Your kid will get a new tray set every two weeks to move the teeth slightly straighter than the previous tray and help the teeth reach the ideal positions. Using these trays is not at all fussy. Your kid can easily use them independently and get perfectly straightened teeth without worrying about their appearance.
Benefits of Invisalign for kids
Choosing Invisalign over traditional braces is always a smart choice! The benefits of Invisalign over metal braces are multiple. With Invisalign, your child doesn’t need to give up on foods they love like bagels, popcorn, and more as they can easily remove the aligners whenever they are eating.
Here is some information to clear your doubts about Invisalign braces vs metal braces:
- Invisalign is easy to use: Invisalign aligners are easy to remove and fit again. They are so simple to use that your kid can remove them daily while brushing or eating. You need to ensure that they wear these aligners 20 to 22 hours per day. Your kids do not need to spend a long time putting on their braces.
- Effectiveness: Invisalign can treat all the common dental problems like gaps, underbites, overcrowding and overbites. The length of the treatment does not differ from the metal braces, in most cases. Invisalign are comparatively less painful than traditional braces. So, you do not need to spend hours convincing your kid to wear them.
- Less time consuming and easy to maintain With Invisalign treatment: your kid doesn’t have to spend hours in the dental chair, and you don’t have to bribe them for frequent trips to dentists, unlike metal braces. Your child can easily change aligners at home without visiting the dentist. Cleaning aligners are very easy; your child can simply remove them while brushing and clean them with a brush and lukewarm water. You can even buy the cleaning system for aligners if needed.
- Be free from the fear of cavity: Traditional braces trap the food easily and increase the risk of plaque accumulation in hard to reach areas. Invisalign frees your kid from the fear of high cavity risks, as these aligners can be easily removed while eating and brushing. Kids can frequently clean their aligners and maintain a regular oral hygiene routine.
- Invisalign gives A fearless smile: No doubt, metal braces make one smile less. Invisalign is practically invisible, eliminates those social concerns your child might have. With Invisalign, your child does not need to worry if there is food stuck in their braces. Your child can smile fearlessly, boosting their confidence!
Is there a right time to get Invisalign?
There is always a question about what is the best age for Invisalign. Here is the good news! Getting Invisalign at a young age helps straighten the teeth faster, i.e. the results are seen in less time. There is no set perfect age for Invisalign, anyone with permanent teeth can get their teeth straightened through Invisalign. Considering Invisalign braces for kids, the average age should be around 12 to 13 years or above.
Now you know Invisalign is obviously a clear winner when considering the various alternatives of braces for teeth straightening/alignment and the way towards that perfect smile of your child. Let’s help your child develop into their best most confident self; let them have a wide fearless, and confident smile with Invisalign.
Make sure you get your child’s Invisalign treatment done right by board-certified, Charlotte’s most trusted Orthodontist at GoClear Orthodontics by Dr Martin C. Avey to get the best Invisalign treatment in Charlotte, NC or Fort Mill or Columbia!